The Y offers group fitness classes led by trained, responsive, and fun instructors. Try spin, bootcamp, yoga and pilates, barre, water exercises, and more.
How to Register for a Class
App: Download Y's new app and activate your account to make class reservations.
- From your home screen, tap "Classes & Reservations."
- Select the group exercise schedule, choose the class you would like to attend, and tap the "Join" button to reserve your spot.
- You will receive a confirmation email (at the email address on file).
Computer: If you cannot download our mobile app and want to reserve it on a computer, please contact your branch, and we will help you set up an account.
- Once you have an account set up, visit the URL that the branch staff shared and log in with your provided username and password.
- Click on "Schedule" in the left navigation, find the type of schedule you're looking for at the top of the page, click and choose a time that works for you.
- Click on the "Book Now" button to reserve your spot. You will receive a confirmation email at the email address on file.
Availability: You can reserve your spot up to 48 hours in advance. There is a cap on the number of reservations a member can make per day. Please consult the app for more info.
Call: You can also call the branch, and we'll be happy to help reserve a time for you!
What to Expect
- Please bring a filled water bottle and towel.
Do I have to be a Y member to take a class? Membership is required for participation in all group fitness classes.
Are you charging for group exercise classes? Group exercise classes are free to members, according to your membership type. If you would like to participate in our group exercise classes and are not a member, learn more about becoming a member here.
How do I register for an indoor or outdoor group exercise class?
Registration is no longer mandatory for all YMCA group exercise classes. Certain classes require reservations due to high demand. Y members can access class schedules and make necessary reservations by downloading the YMCA of Greater New York app. You will receive an email with instructions to set up your account—check your spam folder. Once you set up a user ID and password you can log in to your app account and reserve a spot. Reservations are taken 48 hours prior to class start time. This does not apply to outdoor classes at Broadway, Castle Hill, Flushing, or North Brooklyn.
I forgot my password and I can’t get into my Y online account. What should I do? You can activate your online account here, or create a new account here. If you still have trouble, please call the branch. (If necessary, please leave a message and a staff member will call you back.)
I can’t make a reservation in the app. Can I still sign up? Registration for classes at the 10 locations is made in the app. Please call the branch if you need assistance reserving a spot. (If necessary, please leave a message and a staff member will call you back.)
Is Child Watch available during class? Child Watch will not be available. Children are welcome for our family classes, but not during adult classes.