We're thrilled to offer indoor and outdoor group exercise classes across New York City! From yoga to strength and conditioning to Zumba, the Y offers dozens of fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
Group exercise classes are included with membership, according to your membership type. Reservations are required due to government requirements and space restrictions.
See below for branches and class schedules, how to sign up, and what to expect.
Registration & Access:
- All class participants must register and reserve a spot. Access and process varies by membership type and location.
Access to Group Exercise Classes by Membership Type & Location
|Classes at 10 branches open for membership||Outdoor classes at 4 additional branches|
|City-wide Members||All branches - reserve using mobile app||Register in branch or by phone - no charge|
|Branch members of one of 10 branches||Home branch - reserve using mobile app||Register on website - $25 per month
(1 class per week)
|Members on hold and non-members||No access||
Register on website- $25 per month
How to Make a Mobile App Reservation:
- How to Make an App Reservation: Download the Y's new mobile app and activate your account to make class reservations. From your app's homescreen, tap "Classes & Reservations." Select the group exercise schedule, choose the class you would like to attend, and tap the "Join" button to reserve your spot. You will receive a confirmation email at the email address on file.
- Reserve on a Computer: If you cannot download our mobile app on a phone, and want to be able to reserve on a computer, please contact your branch and we will help you set up an account.
- Once you have an account set up, visit the app URL that the branch staff gave you on the computer and log in with the username and password you were set up with.
- Click on "Schedule" in the left navigation, find the type of schedule you're looking for at the top of the page, click to open it, and choose a time that works for you.
- Click on the "Book Now" button to reserve your spot. You will receive a confirmation email at the email address on file.
- Availability: You can reserve your spot up to 48 hours in advance. There is a cap on the number of reservations a member can make per day. Please consult the app for more info.
- Call: You can also call the branch and we'll be happy to help reserve a time for you!
What to Expect:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class to complete a health screening. Your temperature will be checked, and we'll ask you to review and acknowledge a Health Declaration. Please stay home if you're sick.
- Bring your own mask and wear it at all times. Our staff will be wearing face coverings as well for your protection.
- Please bring your own equipment – filled water bottle, towel, and any other workout equipment needed for your class (mat, etc.). The Y will not be providing mats or towel service.
- Practice social distancing when possible. We've marked out spaces for each class participant. Please stay in your area and maintain distance.
- Please use the restroom before you arrive for an outdoor class. Some of our branches remain closed, and there will be no access to bathrooms or other indoor space.
Do I have to be a Y member to take a class?
Membership is required for participation in all indoor and outdoor classes at 10 branches open for membership. Members on hold and non-members can pay to participate in outdoor classes at 4 other branch locations (Broadway, Castle Hill, Flushing, and North Brooklyn).
Are you charging for group exercise classes?
Indoor and outdoor group exercise classes are free to members of one or all of our 10 branch locations, according to your membership type. Members on hold and non-members may participate in outdoor classes at 4 locations by registering online in advance. The fee is $25 per month for 1 class per week. If you would like to participate in our group exercise classes and are not a member, learn more about becoming a member here.
How do I register for an indoor or outdoor group exercise class?
Y members of one or all of our 10 branch locations may reserve a spot by first downloading the YMCA of Greater New York app. You will receive an email with instructions to set up your account. (Sometimes the email lands in spam.) Once you set up a user ID and password you can log in to your app account and reserve a spot. Reservations are taken 48 hours prior to class start time. (This does not apply to outdoor classes at Broadway, Castle Hill, Flushing, or North Brooklyn.)
How far in advance can I register for a class?
Reservations for classes at the 10 locations are made in the app and will open 48 hours prior to the start of the class. Registration in the Y system for outdoor classes at Broadway, Castle Hill, Flushing, and North Brooklyn will open on a monthly basis.
I forgot my password and I can’t get into my Y online account. What do I do?
You can activate your online account here, or create a new account here. If you still have trouble, please call the branch. (If necessary, please leave a message and a staff member will call you back.)
I can’t make a reservation in the app. Can I still sign up?
Registration for classes at the 10 locations is made in the app. Please call the branch if you need assistance reserving a spot. (If necessary, please leave a message and a staff member will call you back.)
Why are you requiring reservations?
Reservations are required due to government requirements and space restrictions.
How do I register for an outdoor class at Broadway, Castle Hill, Flushing, or North Brooklyn?
Citywide members may call the branch to register at no charge. Branch members, members on hold, and non-members can register here. The cost is $25.00 per month for 1 class a week.
I can’t register online for an outdoor class. Can I still sign up?
Registration online is for the outdoor classes at Broadway, Castle Hill, Flushing, and North Brooklyn. If you need help registering, please call the branch. (If necessary, please leave a message and a staff member will call you back.)
What is your refund policy?
We will provide credits or refunds by request if the Y cancels a class. Otherwise, classes are non-refundable.
Do I have to wear a mask in group exercise classes?
Yes, masks are required at all times. We recognize masks may be uncomfortable, but they are a critical tool to stop the spread of COVID-19, per the CDC, and help protect the health and well-being of our community. All YMCA staff will be wearing face coverings as well for your protection.
How are you enforcing social distancing during group exercise classes?
We have marked out spaces for each class participant. Please stay in your area and maintain distance.
What other health measures are you taking?
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class to complete a health screening. Your temperature will be checked, and we will ask you to review and acknowledge a Health Declaration, which includes questions about your travel history. Please stay home if you’re sick. All equipment provided by the Y will be cleaned before and after use, and sanitizing wipes will be available.
What if there is bad weather?
We will be in touch, by phone or email, about any cancellations due to inclement weather. You will receive a refund (if applicable) if we cancel a class.
Is Child Watch available during class?
Child Watch will not be available. Children are welcome for our family classes, but not during adult classes.
Are pools open?
Yes! Pools at branches currently providing membership services are open for adult lap swim and family swim. Reserve your spot up to 48 hours in advance using our mobile app. (Reservations are required.) Please remember to bring your own towel. In addition, per state guidelines, hairdryers are unavailable, and please do not bring your own.