Group exercise classes, lap and family swim, basketball, family gym, and personal training are now available for McBurney YMCA members. Learn more about available activities, and download the YMCA of Greater New York mobile app to stay updated.
Please continue to follow us on our mobile app and social media for up-to-date information. Thank you!
- Indoor Group Excercise
- Personal Training
- Adult Basketball
- Teen Access
- Family Gym
Know Before You Go
- Add your membership barcode to your mobile app for a contactless check in when you arrive at the facility
- Note our new hours
- Mon-Fri: 6:30 AM-8:30 PM (last entry is 8:15 PM; Pool closes at 8:00 PM)
- Sat-Sun: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM (last entry is 2:45 PM; Pool closes at 2:30 PM)
- Read more about what you need to bring, and the Y's new health protocols in this reopening guide >
Group Exercise Classes
Indoor group exercise classes are now open! All classes are included with membership. Please bring your own towel and water bottle. See our schedule below. Learn more about what to expect.
Lap swim is organized swimming up and down the length of the pool repeatedly. Two swimmers at a time may split the lane for back and forth swim. Three or more swimmers in the lane at a time are required to circle swim.
Reservations are no longer required for swim sessions. Members can drop in during our scheduled lap swim times. Please see our schedule for more details.
Please be aware of the following swim policies:
- Please bring your own towel and swim cap
- Please take a shower before entering the pool
- Teens ages 12-17yrs old who cannot pass a swim test must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older and in the water at all times.
- Selected equipment is available to use. Please return when you are finished using.
- Unvaccinated children age 2-12 are required to wear a mask at all times except when in the pool. Hooks are available to hang your mask while swimming.
- Locker rooms are provided for your personal belongings. Please bring your own lock.
- 5 people per lane circle swimming
- Please see new protocols in our FAQ
- YMCA Code of Conduct must be followed at all times.
Gives adults the opportunity to practice different swim techniques, water exercise or just relax in the pool. No lap swim during this time.
Work out with a certified YMCA trainer who prioritizes your health and well-being while helping you achieve your fitness goals. Contact Madhur to get started, or pick up where you left off.
Teen Access and Teen Fitness Center
If you have a teen membership, you can come in during the Teen Fitness Center hours:
- Mon-Thu: 3:00-8:30 PM
- Sat-Sun: 8:00-3:00 PM
If you are a teen on a family membership, you can come on your own during teen hours. If you come with an adult who is part of your family membership, you can come anytime the Y is open.