Learn more about which pools are open, what to bring, our new health protocols, how to reserve a lane, and more.
Adult lap swim and family swim are available with reservations. We are also offering swim classes >
Looking for a great summer job or career as a lifeguard? The YMCA is offering lifeguard classes and is hiring qualified lifeguards in all five New York City boroughs. Become a lifeguard >
What to Bring
- A mask. You'll need to wear it anytime you aren't in the water. Per state guidelines, bandanas, buffs, and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings.
- Your own equipment and swim cap. Towels, kickboards, and other swim gear is not available at this time. Please bring everything you need (including a swim cap) to enjoy your swim.
New Health Protocols
- Showers: Please allow shower usage for swimmers.
- Reduced Capacity: Per state guidelines, our pools are operating at 33% capacity. This means reservations are required. For adult lap swim, only one person will be allowed in each lane per reservation; for family swim, a limited number of people will be allowed per reservation.
- Locker Room Updates: Locker rooms are open for changing but the sauna is still closed. Per state guidelines, hair dryers are not available, and please don't bring your own.
- How to Make a Reservation: Download the Y's new mobile app and activate your account to make swim reservations. From your app's homescreen, tap "Classes & Reservations." Check the schedule, find a time that works for you, and tap the "Join" button to reserve your spot. You will receive a confirmation email at the email address on file.
- Reserve on a Computer: If you cannot download our mobile app on a phone, and want to be able to reserve on a computer, please contact your branch and we will help you set up an account.
- Once you have an account set up, visit the app URL that the branch staff gave you on the computer and log in with the username and password you were set up with.
- Click on "Schedule" in the left navigation, find the type of schedule you're looking for at the top of the page, click to open it, and choose a time that works for you.
- Click on the "Book Now" button to reserve your spot. You will receive a confirmation email at the email address on file.
- Availability: You can reserve your spot up to 48 hours in advance. There is a cap on the number of reservations a member can make per day. Please consult the app for more info.
- Call: You can also call the branch and we'll be happy to help reserve a time for you!
Lap Swim Policies
- Reservations are required for a lap swim session. There is a cap on the number of reservations a member can make per day. Please consult the app for more info.
- Please cancel swim reservations at least 4 hours in advance in order for another member to utilize the session. Members who cancel in less than 4 hours or do not show for their reservation will have their access to reservations limited.
- Please arrive at the lap swim check-in area no more than 5 minutes prior to your assigned swim time. You will be assigned a lane at check-in. Members arriving 15 minutes past the start of the session will forfeit their lane.
- The duration of your swim reservation includes entering and exiting the pool. Please exit the pool swiftly when advised by the lifeguard, take your belongings, and move toward the pool exit.
Family Swim Policies
- Reservations are required and all participants must be on the same family membership.
- Reservations open 48 hours in advance, and there is a cap on the number of individuals per reservation. Please consult the app for more info.
- Locker rooms are available for showering and changing. Use locker to store personal items and remember your lock.
- Please bring your own towel, swim cap, and filled water bottle.
- Please wear your mask at all times except when you are showering or swimming. Hooks will be available outside the shower and on the pool deck to hang your mask.
- Please arrive at the check-in area no more than 5 minutes prior to your assigned swim time. You will be assigned a spot at check-in.
- Enter the pool area and follow the deck markings to your spot.
- Please practice social distancing and wear a face mask until entering the pool and upon exiting the pool.
- Family Swim sessions are 45 minutes, including entering and exiting the pool. Please exit the pool swiftly when advised by the lifeguard, take your belongings, and move toward the pool exit.
- Noodles and lifejackets will be available, please request when checking in at pool.