Group exercise classes, lap swim, personal training, adult sports will be available starting October 4th for Harlem YMCA members. Learn more about available activities, and download the YMCA of Greater New York mobile app to stay updated.
Please be aware that the Men's Locker room will be closed until further notice.
Please click on the link below to view and download a pdf of our current schedules.
- Winter 2022 Pool Schedule (Effective Jan 3)
- Winter 2022 Group Ex Schedule (Effective Jan 3)
- Winter 2022 Gymnasium (Effective Jan 3)
- Add your membership barcode to your mobile app for a contactless check in when you arrive at the facility.
- Note our new hours:
- Mon-Fri: 6:30 AM-8:30 PM
- Sat-Sun: 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
- Read more about what you need to bring, and the Y's new health protocols in this reopening guide >
Group Exercise Classes
Indoor group exercise classes are now open! All classes are included with membership. Reservations are required for Spin and Aqua Aerobics classes at this time. See our schedule below. Learn more about what to expect and how to stay up to date using our mobile app.
Harlem Y Aquatics
Aquatics Activities offered at the YMCA
We offer a variety of aquatics programming in our two pools. Learn more about how to stay up to date with our mobile app, what to bring, and our updated swim policies.
- 20 yards long
Lap swim is designed for more organized swimming up and down the length of the pool repeatedly-- circle swim only. Reservations are not required for swim sessions. Please be aware of the following swim policies:
- Please bring your own towel and swim cap
- Please take a shower before entering the pool
- Selected equipment is available to use. Please return when you are finished using.
- Locker rooms are provided for your personal belongings. Please bring your own lock. Please be aware that the Men's Lockerroom is currently closed.
- Please see new protocols in our FAQ
- YMCA Code of Conduct must be followed at all times.
- Lap swim lanes are shared lanes, with a maximum of two swimmers at a time.
- Parent/Child Classes: 1:5 Instructor to Parent/Child Ratio
- Pre-School ( 3-5 years old): 1:5 Instructor to Child Ratio
- School Age ( 5-12 years old): 1:6 Instructor to Child Ratio
We are excited that you have made this important step in your child’s development of water safety! Thank you for choosing the Y to be the place for them to learn, grow and thrive in the water. To ensure that your experience exceeds your expectations, we have a few tips to guide you through our department. Please note that there are several changes in our process to ensure we are following all safety procedures and guidelines.
- Give yourself 15-30 minutes prior to your class.
- Only one adult per child may enter the facility per child.
- Scan your program or membership card. If you do not have a program card please give yourself enough time to stop at our membership desk to obtain one.
- Park all strollers and scooters on the east entrance of the building.
- Families may use our Family Locker Room on the second floor.
- Once changed and ready for your class, please wait on the second floor waiting area located outside of the family locker room. Your instructor will come to this area to check your child in.
- Parents must wait in this area for the duration of the child’s class.
- Bring your own towel & swim cap
- Children age 2-12 are required to wear a mask at all times except when showering or swimming. Hooks will be available outside the shower and on the pool deck to hang your mask.
- Children ages 0-11 yrs old must be accompanied with an adult member 18 years and older and in the water at all times
Our basketball courts are now open for both shoot-around and games. Please see below for a description of the activities. To see current schedule please visit our online app schedule.
Adult Open Gym (no reservation required, first come first serve) For members 18 years and older. Members under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Fall Teen Time Hours
Mondays and Fridays- 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays- 3:00 PM-3:50 PM
Fall Family Time Hours
Monday-Friday- 12:00 PM-3:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday- 8:00 AM-12:00 PM