Save Lives & Serve Your Community
Looking for a rewarding job or career as a lifeguard? The YMCA offers free lifeguarding classes and hires qualified lifeguards in all five New York City boroughs.
Benefits of Working as a YMCA Lifeguard
- BE A LIFE SAVER!
- Help reduce drowning risks and provide a safe space to swim.
- Gain new skills and experience: Build your résumé with marketable skills that include teamwork, communication, leadership, risk management, child development, and self-confidence.
- Help strengthen New York City’s communities: Be part of New York’s leading nonprofit community service and wellness organization and help provide all New Yorkers with the access and opportunities they need to improve their health and reach their full potential.
- Free membership to Y facilities: As a Y staff member, you and your family have free access to all Y branches, including: Pool, Gymnasium, Cardio & Free-Weights Rooms, Priority Registration for Programs, and more.
- Discount offers: Discounts for special events, travel, theme parks, and shopping.
- Option to add more benefits: Options include 403(b) retirement savings, medical insurance, and many more.