At New York City’s YMCA, creating a safe and welcoming environment is a team effort.
We ask everyone—staff, members, and guests—to follow our Code of Conduct, which is based on our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Speaking in respectful tones; refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language; and dressing appropriately.
- Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
- Creating a safe, caring environment; never carrying illegal firearms or devices.
- Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing, or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
- Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential.
Cooperation among staff, members and guests is an important part of making our YMCA welcoming to all. Suspension or termination of membership or employment with the YMCA may result from violating this Code of Conduct.