The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater is a 145-seat proscenium theater located at 10 West 64th Street, between Lincoln Center Plaza and Central Park at the West Side YMCA. The theater is available for short-term rentals and is typically booked six months to one year in advance.
The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater provides space for live performances, industry showcases, professional performances, film screenings, board meetings, lectures, readings, rehearsals, workshops and more!
For more information about the theater, please contact Michael Catalan, Technical Director, at email@example.com or 212-912-2633.
The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater at the West Side Y is a non-profit, Off-Broadway Theater which exists to:
- Encourage the creative spirit in young people.
- Empower, educate, and maximize the potential of the young people and emerging artists.
- Serve our community by providing affordable and high quality professional arts performances, programming, training, education.
- Create and launch new and innovative works that inspire, entertain, and reflect our diverse community.
- Further the YMCA of Greater New York's mission of building healthy bodies, healthy minds, and healthy spirits.
Marjorie Schlesinger Deane (1923-2003) was a fifth-generation New Yorker with a passion for fashion and the theater. The Chairman of the Tobe Report, an influential advisory service and weekly journal, Ms. Deane was well known in the fashion industry for 60 years. She was the president of the Fashion Group, a founder of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, and a member of the Board of FIT. Mrs. Deane had a lifelong love and appreciation for the theater, ranging from Broadway to Off-Broadway shows to amateur productions and summer stock. In 2004, this theater was named after her by her family with the hope that the lives of others might be enriched by the arts.
Loading entrances and audience entrance for performances only at 10 West 64th Street.
Directions to Loading Entrance at 10 West 64th Street
- MTA: 1, A, C, E, B, D trains to 59th street Columbus Circle. Walk NORTH to 5 West 63rd street between Central Park West and Broadway.
- From South Manhattan (Lincoln Tunnel): Drive North on Broadway via Columbus Circle. Turn RIGHT onto W 64th street. The theater loading door is green.
- From North Manhattan (George Washington Bridge): Drive South on Columbus Ave. Turn LEFT on West 64th street. The theater loading door is green.
- From East Manhattan: From North of 64th street, proceed to Columbus Ave and follow directions from North Manhattan. From South of 64th street, proceed to Broadway and follow directions from South Manhattan. (The theater suggests avoiding crossing through Central Park as Central Park West changes traffic directions at 62nd street and 64th street is one way Eastbound only.)
- From West Manhattan: 64th street is accessible from Columbus Ave or Broadway. Follow directions from North or South Manhattan.
- Payments: All contracts must be paid in full prior to load in or entry to building may be denied
- Security Deposit: A security deposit is held for all rentals $500 for a single day and $1,500 for 2 or more days.
- Facility Access: is granted during the time of the contract only
- Breaks: House crews must be given a 1 hour meal break every 4 hours of work (5 Hours by special arrangement or performance packages) Crews are to be given a 15 minute break every 2 hours , or one 20 minute break if working less than 8 hours.
- Food and Drink: Are strictly prohibited within the Theater, excluding closable bottles of water
- Smoking: Is strictly prohibited in or around the Theater or YMCA
- Alcohol: Is prohibited (wine or beer may be served at receptions by a licensed caterer or bartender)
- Supplies: The YMCA does not provide props, furniture, or costumes for any production
- Special FX: The use of FOG/HAZE Machines is not allowed, all FX must be approved prior to load in.
- Point of Contact: An authorized member of the rental company must be present for all rentals
- Lost and Found: The YMCA is not responsible for lost/stolen or damaged items
- Insurance: A valid “Certificate of Liability Insurance” is required for all rentals
- Security: On site security 24 hours/day 7 days/week
- Schedules: must submitted and approved no less than 10 business days prior to rental
- Cancellations and Grievances: Cancellation prior to the load-in date will result in forfeiting of any amounts paid to West Side YMCA at the time of cancellation. Deposits paid toward the rental, Box Office set up, and/or printings are non-refundable. YMCA must be notified of grievances at time of occurrence. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of grievance and any associated refund requests.