The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its employees, examples are listed below. Please note that eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work.
- Life insurance (Basic, Supplemental and Dependent)
- Retirement Savings & 403(b) Smart Account
- AFLAC – Accidental and Critical Illness Insurance
- New York State Mandated Disability
- Supplemental Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Workers Compensation
- Family Medical Leave
- New York State Paid Family Leave
- Personal Leave
- Military Leave
- Paid-Time Off
- Personal & Floating days
- YMCA Membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- New York 529 College Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Plum Benefits
Learning and Development Opportunities
We believe in the power of human potential – that is why we are committed to your professional growth and development as a part of the YMCA of Greater New York family. Our learning and development approach is rooted in Y-USA’s Cause Driven Leadership® Competency Model and encourages learning through work experience, mentorship, training and self-study. Our internal NYC University provides additional learning opportunities to develop behavior competencies and the technical skill set you need to succeed in your career at the Y and beyond. Together, we support progress by focusing on learning and continuous improvement.
The YMCA of Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.