Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator
Salary: $18.04 - $28.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Ridgewood YMCA is seeking a Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator who will provide support to the Healthy Lifestyles department by delivering consistent, quality programming, as well as enhancing customer service and member retention.
Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the following programs:
- Fitness Equipment
- Personal Training
- Group Exercise
- Sports Leagues- youth, teen, adults
- Assist in the recruiting, scheduling, supervising, and evaluations of HL staff.
- Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests. Outstanding hospitality is acting as a proactive agent - initiating a professional relationship with the members regarding their needs, concerns, and questions and acting as an agent to accommodate the member’s needs/concerns.
- Assist to maximize member satisfaction, and HL Department revenue.
- Assist in the development, control and tracking of departmental budget in accordance with branch and Association Guidelines.
- Assist in scheduling Group Exercise Classes.
- Serve as a point of contact for all Healthy Lifestyles Staff.
- Track and ensure that staff certifications are current and on file.
- Assist in the scheduling, maintenance, and management of facility and equipment in partnership with the branch’s maintenance department.
- Execute administrative duties, i.e., tracking, reports, schedules, equipment, supplies, and payroll.
- Maintain required certifications.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
- Support community and promotional special events as needed.
- Serve as branch Manager on Duty, as assigned.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. College coursework preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years commensurate experience in a supervisory / management position.
- Current Adult CPR and First Aid certification.
- Foundations of Strength and Conditioning or national group exercise certification.
- Foundations of Group Exercise or national group exercise certification
- Ability to work with participants of varying experience and skills levels.
- Knowledge of Principles of Member Health & Wellness.
- Applicable industry certifications.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities