Teen Centers around the city provide young people with a safe space to socialize, seek support and engage in youth centered activities that prepare them for success as an adult.
Teen Centers are open to all youth from local communities ages 11-19.
Teen Center provide opportunities for young people to:
- Take part in recreational drop in programming such as sports, table-top games, dance, computers labs, fitness, arts and discussion groups.
- Engage in Health and Fitness goal attainment programming such as fitness center, group ex classes and more.
- Attend a workforce readiness Workscope
- Create and develop resumes and cover letters.
- Receive academic Support
- Participation in events open to Y-teens city-wide (Leadership Retreats, Advocacy/Service Days, Service Learning, College Tours and Career events)
- Apply for YMCA College and Post-Secondary Scholarships.
See participating branches below
Teen Center programs are available at no cost to participants, thanks to the generosity of our donors and community partners. Help us ensure the Y's vital community programs remain free and accessible to New Yorkers by donating to the Y.