Leaders Club in a nationwide YMCA community service-based personal development and mentorship program giving teens the opportunity to become leaders and change-makers in their communities.
Y LEADERS CLUB
Teens meet weekly for and focus on a curriculum that encompasses seven key areas: academic behaviors, belonging, growth mindset, interpersonal skills, problem solving, self-advocacy, and self-efficacy. Working within small groups, students develop and implement projects aimed at providing valuable service to their local communities. Groups are student led and advisor
supported, allowing young people to get hands on leadership experience and grow in their skills over their middle school and high school careers.
As true with all YMCA programs, Leaders Club welcomes all students who express interest. There is no academic criteria to join and students are met at their academic level. By utilizing a strength-based approach, staff members focus on the strengths of the students to both affirm and encourage their personal growth.
Leaders Club provide opportunities for young people to:
- Find a sense of belonging
- Take part in social emotional learning programming
- Earn community service hours through hands on project-based learning.
- Participate in citywide leadership weekend retreats.
- Share their voice and passion in Citywide Advocacy and Service days.
- Attend College Tours and Career events.
- Receive support from caring adult role models.
- Apply for YMCA College and Post-Secondary Scholarships.
Leaders Club is available at no cost to participants, thanks to the generosity of our donors and community partners. Help us ensure the Y's vital community programs remain free and accessible to New Yorkers by making a gift to the Y Access Fund.