Promoting Healthy Habits this Cold & Flu Season
Winter is the height of cold and flu season. And following the outbreak of a novel coronavirus in China, New Yorkers are wondering how to protect their health and safety.
Please see the following advice from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene:
- New Yorkers should go about your daily lives, but practice the same precautions you do during cold and flu season.
- Get your flu shot — it’s not too late.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing — do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- There is no need to limit travel around the city or wear masks unless otherwise directed by a health care provider.
Thank you for your help keeping the YMCA community healthy and safe.