$15.00 P/H - $21.25 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will assist in the management of all core programming, staff, program development, community development and creation of recruitment and retention plan for teens.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Responsible for supporting the Youth & Family Director in the creation and submission of weekly and quarterly reports.
- Manage administrative data entry, Youth Service.NET, coordination of participant paperwork and management of teen participant portfolios.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement program registration, program workshops, and special events with support from part-time teen counselors.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information; help to compile program statistics.
- Help to develop, implement, and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings including other CBOs, schools, and partnerships.
- Act as liaison to YMCA of Greater New York in regards to teen issues.
- Provide support to the Youth & Family Director regarding staff management and scheduling.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent; College in the field of Education desired.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth / teens and planning activities.
- Experience teaching and facilitating trainings on issues related to teens.
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certifications preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Teen Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Chinatown YMCA
Attn.: Narcisa Loza
100 Hester Street
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities