Our program offers a free personalized activity and wellbeing program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their health goals.
Life after cancer is both a blessing and a mystery to many survivors. Many ask themselves how to live right after overcoming a challenge as profound and serious as cancer. LiveStrong at the YMCA is a partnership between the Y and LIVESTRONG, offering a free personalized physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. This unique, research-based program offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person.
Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to achieve their goals, such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. In addition to physical benefits, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people impacted by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond.
The program is offered at the following locations:
- Manhattan - Chinatown YMCA - 273 Bowery Street
- Manhattan - McBurney YMCA - 125 West 14th Street
- Manhattan - West Side YMCA - 5 West 63rd Street
- Coming soon! Brooklyn - Dodge YMCA - 225 Atlantic Avenue
- Queens - Flushing YMCA - 1401 Flatbush Avenue
- Queens - Ridgewood YMCA - 69-02 64th Street
- Queens - Rockaway YMCA - 207 Beach 73rd Street
- Staten Island - Broadway YMCA - 651 Broadway
- Staten Island - South Shore YMCA - 3939 Richmond Avenue