SALARY: $15.53 P/H - $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Broadway Center is seeking qualified individuals who will conduct safe, dynamic, fulfilling and effective personal training for members seeking to enhance their conditioning and performance. The Personal Trainer will display customer service, while building relationships with and between members.
- Design safe and effective training programs based on fitness assessments results and member goals.
- Meet with clients for initial interview and administer required paperwork prior conducting a fitness assessment.
- Meet/exceed personal client caseload goals.
- Provide a high degree of member service through a professional relationship with members in regard to their needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA, its programs and mission.
- Maintain current certifications.
- Notify supervisor of any equipment out of service or in need of repair.
- Maintain awareness of current fitness trends, protocol, methods and programming.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with professional staff and other departments and to relate to and work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for Healthy Lifestyles Department emergency situations.
- Adhere to the YMCA of Greater NY Healthy Lifestyles Standards and Guidelines, and Personal Training and Fitness Assessment Best Practices.
- Maintain certifications required for the position.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Current Y-USA/NCCA accredited Personal Training certification strongly recommended.
- ACE, AFFA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM certification strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology and their relationship to the development of strength, cardiovascular and flexibility programs.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Personal Trainer” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Staten Island YMCA – Broadway Center
Attn: Liza Horner
Staten Island, NY 10314
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities