SALARY: $25.00 - $30.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA - Counseling Service is seeking a Counselor who, under the supervision of the Program Director, will be responsible for providing care to a designated caseload, including provision of direct individual, group and family sessions. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordination of specialized program services and case management of caseload.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, determine appropriate level of care, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
- Facilitate sessions including group, individual, family, crisis intervention, and referrals.
- Manage census administration, retention of cases, family support, fee collection, and outreach presentations.
- Coordinate care for designated caseload, including completing ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and collaborating with professionals working with the caseload.
- Conduct urine drug screens.
- Maintain contract and regulation compliance, fulfill clinical standards and best practices and all related documentation.
- Serve as Manager-On-Duty and/or alternate clinician when necessary.
- Serve as task supervisor to interns/volunteers when appropriate.
- Will provide guidance to the staff in the absence of an on-site supervisor, when requested.
- Manage off-hours emergency cell phone on a time-limited rotating basis, when needed.
- Participate in team meetings, individual and group supervision.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Meet OASAS requirement for Provisional QHP Status required. Meet OASAS requirement for CASAC, CASAC Level 2 or QHP (Other Than CASAC) preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of treatment experience.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, treatment court, and TASC.
- Knowledge of 12-step model, motivational interviewing, and trauma informed care.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefit, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities