New American Initiative Coordinator
Salary: $20.00 - $24.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking a New American Initiative Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the strategy, implementation, fidelity, and quality of the New Americans Initiative programs and services. This position supports all aspects of programming, including but not limited to community outreach, recruitment, and participant outreach. This is a grant funded position subject to funding and review in June, 2022.
This position is temporarily remote but will be required to have a rotating schedule that takes them to each Branch on a regular basis.
- Provide ongoing support and trauma informed case management services to participants and community members including providing and documenting social service referrals and outcomes, as per program standards.
- Handle all issues related to program eligibility and ensure participants understand and adhere to program philosophy, standards, rules and regulations.
- Support registration, authentic assessment, and orientation for new students. Ensuring consistent retention.
- Maintain internal case files and in partnership with the Data Manger, ensure timely data entry into government and internal databases, including but not limited to intake, goals and outcomes, pre and post testing, attendance, case notes and insuring that supporting documentation is scanned and uploaded into the database.
- Maintain up to date referral network and linkage agreements, ensure that workshop instructors deliver contextualized, community-driven workshops that integrates technology, family, health, and financial literacy.
- Assist with reporting to government and private funders; tracking and reporting student data and achievement results and coordinating the operational aspects of the New Americans Initiative.
- Recruit, on-board and supervise volunteers and interns by articulating expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships.
- Organize and manage Instructor and Intern / Volunteer schedules
- Actively participate in professional development, designated meetings, and special events, as appropriate and requested.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Mental Health or a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience required.
- Ability and interest in working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to adult literacy and civic education, immigration legal services and trauma informed case management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; Window based computer applications and database management.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, patient and able to work well with others, and be able to establish positive relationships with participants, the community collaborators and partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Bilingual required: Spanish/English or Mandarin/English.
- Ability to travel to different YMCA branches as needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including a minimum of two evenings per week.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered for this position, please attach your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with your resume.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities