Salary: $24.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Castle Hill YMCA is seeking a Teen Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, the purpose of this position is to assist in the management and supervision to all core programming for the teen population for the Castle Hill YMCA with support from part-time teen advisors. Responsibilities include management of staff, program development, community development as well as the creation of recruitment and retention plan for Teens in a variety of program offerings. The incumbent is charged with the responsibility of implementing the Castle Hill YMCA and YMCA of Greater New York’s short and long range goals. The Teen Coordinator, along with support from the Youth & Family Director, and part-time teen advisors, is to implement and follow all the YMCA of Greater New York Teen, Youth & Family and Teen Program Standards. Support in the recruitment and retention of all teens.
Program Portfolio: Leaders Club, Teens Take the City, Rowe Scholars, Teen Center and SYEP. Including any newly developed programs.
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of youth in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Responsible for supporting the Youth & Family Director in the creation and submission of weekly and quarterly reports.
- Manage all administrative data entry, coordination of participant paperwork and management of teen participant files.
- Planning, coordination, and implementation of program registration, program workshops, and special events with support from part-time teen advisors.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information; help to compile program statistics.
- Help to develop, implement, and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings including other CBOs, schools, and partnerships.
- Attends monthly trainings and workshops related to teen programming.
- Participate in Branch Fundraising/ Annual Support Campaign.
- Acts as the liaison to YMCA of Greater New York in regards to teen issues.
- Provides support to the Youth & Director regarding staff management and scheduling.
- Provide supervision and oversight to all core teen programs including the College Access and Career Readiness (Rowe Scholars) as well as Summer and Fall Youth Employment Programs (SYEP).
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with teens / youth planning activities.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certifications preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities