Salary: $$16.00 - $22.40 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a Teen Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will assist in the management and supervision to all core programming (Leaders Club, Teens Take the City, Rowe Scholars, Teen Center and bai Teen Programs) for the teens’ population for the YMCA branch. The Teen Coordinator will assist the Youth & Family Director in the management of staff, program development, and community development as well as the creation of recruitment and retention plan for Teens.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of youth and teens in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Support the Youth & Family Director with the creation and submission of weekly and quarterly reports.
- Manage administrative data entry, Youth Service.NET, coordination of participant paperwork and management of teen participant portfolios.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement program registration, program workshops, and special events with support from part-time teen counselors.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information; help to compile program statistics.
- Develop, implement, and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings including other CBOs, schools, and partnerships.
- Attend monthly trainings and workshops related to Teen programming.
- Act as the liaison to YMCA of Greater New York in regard to teen issues.
- Participate in Branch Fundraising/ Annual Support Campaign.
- Provide support to the Youth & Director regarding staff management and scheduling.
- Implement the curriculum for Leaders Club, Teens Take the City, Rowe Scholars and Teen Center, in accordance with the YMCA Teen Program standards and operation manual, including but not limited to, weekly club meetings, 15+ program participants and community service projects.
- Understand, promote, model, and communicate the YMCA’s core values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. College credits in the field of Education desired.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with teens / youth and planning activities.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certifications preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities