SALARY: $15.30 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Cross Island YMCA is seeking a Hospitality Agent who will provide high-quality service and hospitality in a fast-paced environment to all constituents of the Cross Island YMCA, in person and by telephone. The Hospitality Agents will welcome all constituents and process all transactions, including facility access in the computer operating system efficiently and accurately.
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome everyone who enters the Branch with a smile, as soon as possible.
- Attend and successfully complete AS400 training within 30 days of hire date.
- Scan all members into the facility access system and ensure there is a photo on file for every member.
- Provide hospitality with every interaction in person and over the telephone.
- Answer telephone inquiries and collect caller information, of the caller in order to follow up with prospective members and program participants.
- Offer all guests and prospective members a tour of the facility.
- Use professional communication to engage constituents of the Y.
- Process program registrations, with a focus on engagement in the programs.
- De-escalate difficult situations according to Y standards and utilize the 4 A’s – Apologize, Ask, Acknowledge, Act.
- Be knowledgeable of all facility and program offerings in order to provide information to members and prospective members.
- Accurately process all transactions in the AS400 system, including membership, program registration, facility access and guest passes.
- Reconcile end of shift report for accurate cash handling.
- Answer the phone with a smile, in a friendly and inviting manner, using the standard YMCA greeting.
- Be a team player and support colleagues and other departments at all times, in speech and in action.
- Take initiative for personal and professional development by taking advantage of opportunities the Y presents, both formally and informally.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions, fund raising events, open houses, registration and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; coursework towards Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal with pressure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent service and hospitality skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of hours, including daytime, evenings and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered for this position, please attach your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with your resume.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities