Benefits & HRIS Coordinator
SALARY: $21.60 - $25.00
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking a detail-oriented individual to support our benefits team by performing all administrative tasks required to administer employee benefits programs.
- Administer all employee benefit programs which include processing enrollments, terminations and changes.
- Act as the primary point person for all levels of staff in regards to benefits eligibility, claims resolution and plan summary explanations.
- Responsible for HRIS (Oracle) data entry, troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Function as the primary administrator of the commuter benefit program.
- Interface with insurance carriers and other vendors as necessary.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and timely payment of all benefit bills, including quarterly audits of all carrier websites.
- Assist in all phases of the open enrollment process which includes presenting the highlights of the current/new benefit programs.
- Responsible for the preparation of all benefit related reports – including Affordable Care Act tracking reports.
- Conduct new hire orientation for Association Office staff.
- Assist retirees and COBRA participants with benefit plan inquiries.
- Assist with the customization and management of file interfaces with vendors and insurance carriers, ensuring accurate plan enrollments, reconciliations and timely COBRA notifications.
- Responsible for PTO accruals in the HRIS system, providing guidance to all staff on eligibility and proper calculations.
- Train new HR and Business Office staff on applicable HRIS modules.
- Update and maintain personnel files.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6 month of experience in benefits administration required.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid platform and presentation ability.
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Oracle is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities