SALARY: $30.00 P/H - $60.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking qualified individuals to join its Healthy Lifestyles team. The right individuals must have a community-minded outlook and dedicated to providing safe and effective therapeutic massage / bodywork to clients/members. The incumbent must be a self-starter with a commitment to displaying high standards of customer service, and must follow appropriate procedures and protocols established in the field and by the YMCA of Greater New York.
- Conduct massage therapy/bodywork through a professional relationship with clients/members.
- Exhibit knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, myology, pathology, somatics, ethics, various massage / bodywork modalities, and apply each accordingly.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, according to YMCA, local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Meet and exceed personal client caseload goals.
- Provide a high level of service, with regard to members’ needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA, its programs and mission.
- Be punctual for all appointments, and maintain necessary records in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain required licenses / certifications / continuing education hours.
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other staff and departments.
- Complete and maintain documentation for record keeping and business administration.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations in the absence of department’s professional staff.
- Attend massage program and all staff meetings, as well as training opportunities, necessary for the successful performance of the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Massage Therapist.
- Must possess a valid New York State massage therapy license.
- Excellent hospitality and communication skills.
- Adult CPR/First Aid/AED.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Massage Therapist” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:West Side YMCA
Attn: Jonathan Wood
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities