Communications & Fund Development Assistant
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Vanderbilt YMCA is seeking an individual who will identify new ways to build the Y's image in the local community and maintain the communications, digital media, fund development and community outreach efforts.
- Work closely with the Fund Development & Communications Director to develop marketing and community outreach plans.
- Create program guides, camp guides, and after school guides.
- Maintain social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and the YMCA’s mobile app.
- Keep the website consistently updated with fresh and relevant material.
- Write and design high-quality marketing and communications materials and templates, including brochures, newsletters, flyers and postcards.
- Assist with donor identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation efforts.
- Maintain relationships with local news outlets for press and calendar releases.
- Help with the Annual Campaign, including writing letters, outreaching to the community and working on fundraising materials.
- Provide administrative support to the department as needed.
- Actively participate in designated meetings and special events.
- Associates degree required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the communications, journalism, or relates field a plus.
- Knowledge of social media and website design.
- Knowledge of graphic design; previous experience with Microsoft Publisher and Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong project management and organizational skills plus the ability to multi-task in a face-paced environment.
- Ability to be a fast learner and pick up new skills and learn web-based platforms.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Communications and Fund Development Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Vanderbilt YMCA
Attn.: Johnny Santana
224 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities