Child Watch Aide
SALARY: $15.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Dodge YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will be responsible for maintaining a safe, structured, fun and value-based program for child watch participants, ages 6 months to 7 years old.
- Provide a safe, fun, and inviting environment for participants in child watch areas.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Effectively develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans daily.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, coworkers, and other departments.
- Maintain accurate documentation (incident reports, accident reports, behavior reports, attendance and sign-in / sign-out sheets).
- Distribute supplies and promotional materials to participants.
- Maintain knowledge of all YMCA programs and services to assist members in selection of services that meet their individual needs.
- Communicate with families on a daily basis about their children’s strengths and areas needing attention.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, meetings, and special events.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college coursework in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of child care experience.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certification.
- Excellent hospitality and communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Child Watch Aide” to firstname.lastname@example.org to:Dodge YMCA
Attn: Josh Stabenfeldt
225 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11201
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities