SALARY: $15.00 P/H - $17.32 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a case planner to provide direct counseling to minority families.
- Participate in the outreach and case-finding activities involving Beacon Programs and Administration for Children’s Services (ACS).
- Provide direct preventive services including individual, group and family counseling to assigned caseload of a minimum of 12 families.
- Evaluate psychosocial needs through regular home visits and other appointments.
- Conduct intake assessment of cases assigned by supervisor in order to obtain, analyze, and evaluate information related to clients’ psychosocial problems and functioning.
- Provide case planning services. This includes making referrals and doing follow-ups with the community and sponsoring agencies; liaison and collaborate with agencies that clients are involved with and advocate as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary when client/family is in an emergency situation. Secure concrete support services for each family.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case records, progress notes, and other necessary information in accordance with ACS policies.
- Deliver high quality youth and family counseling programs under the guidelines of the Preventive Foster Care ACS and/or specific funding source.
- Create a positive relationship with ACS staff, Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) staff, school guidance counselors, teachers, and fellow social work agencies.
- Provide positive and engaging casework practice that meets the ACS, NYS, OCFS standards resulting in positive program outcomes and positive audits / reviews.
- College degree in counseling, psychology, sociology or related field.
- At least one to two years of experience in related field.
- Knowledge of community resources for youth and families, NYS and NYC child welfare system.
- Bi-lingual abilities preferred; Chinese / English and / or Spanish / English.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Case Planner” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Chinatown YMCA
Attn: Narcisa Loza
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities