SALARY: $13.50 P/H - $20.24 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Vanderbilt YMCA is seeking an experienced individual who, under the guidance of the Program Director, will be responsible for providing guidance and counseling for teens at the Julia Richman Education Campus (JREC) location and meeting all deliverables relating to program funding streams. The Case Manager will work closely with JREC Leadership Staff to ensure implementation, monitoring and supervision of all teen programs related to work/college readiness, personal development and life skills.
- Provide guidance counseling to their case load at least once a month. Work closely with students within the program to assess their needs, provide intake, set goals, etc.
- Participate in advisory groups.
- Assist in programs that meet the needs of the community, and meet Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) and Association program expectations, funder and Branch priority objectives, and strategic plan.
- Develop, track, update and maintain student service plans.
- Assist in coordinating services for youth during the school year and summer, including job shadowing, career track and career counseling, job placement, and post graduate and educational services.
- Monitor the social well-being, mental health and family support for students and make referrals, as needed.
- Assist daily activities with students such as: work readiness workshops, service learning projects, college readiness workshops, and YMCA teen core activities.
- Assure funding deliverables are met, in timely manner; maintain a role in the implementation of direct services.
- Manage administrative duties, such as accurate and timely input of information in appropriate online data management systems (AS400, Capricorn, Youth Services), maintaining documentation required to stay in compliance with external and internal regulating and partnering agencies (School Leadership, Association, HR, DYCD/WIOA, DOE).
- Follow all YMCA of Greater New York, DYCD, Department of Education (DOE) standards. Maintain accurate records pertaining to funder requirements.
- Participate in all necessary programmatic and site based meetings.
- Assist with aspects of communication with families within the department.
- Demonstrate values of Respect, Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
- High School diploma; Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or Education preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth.
- Experience with facilitating groups and case management.
- Knowledge of AS 400, Capricorn and YouthServicesNet.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Case Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Vanderbilt YMCA
Attn: Robin Nathaniel
224 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities