SALARY: $15.00 P/H - $19.91 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA’s Counseling Service is seeking a CASAC Counselor to provide counseling and case management to a designated caseload.
- Conduct screening interviews for prospective clients and provide applicable referrals to clients based on the outcome of their interview.
- Assist clients in understanding the benefits of the assessment and how to access the appropriate level of care as indicated.
- Refer clients, as needed, to the appropriate agencies, for treatment needs and other beneficial recovery resources.
- Maintain a list of resources to be shared with clients, as needed.
- Monitor client access to, and involvement with, treatment and other providers to help address barriers to treatment and the recovery process.
- Follow-up with clients to assess the process and clients’ satisfaction with adjusting to the program.
- Complete paperwork requirements and maintain quality, up-to-date clinical records.
- Perform outreach presentations and attend meetings as a YMCA of Greater New York representative.
- Conduct group and family counseling.
- Participate in all assigned meetings, staff development, and trainings as required.
- CASAC, CASAC-T.
- Minimum of two years of addiction treatment experience.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice systems, treatment court, and TASC.
- Excellent interpersonal and hospitality skills.
- Bilingual: Spanish / English preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “CASAC Counselor” to email@example.com or to:Staten Island YMCA - Counseling Service
Attn: JoAnne McKernan
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities