Youth & Family Program Coordinator
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking a Program Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Senior Director, Youth and Family, will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering, supervising, and evaluating the programs at the Flushing YMCA. The Program Coordinator will focus on program quality and delivery of services as well as training and development of the staff including Activity Specialists and Group Leaders.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of program participants by providing supervision of all activities.
- Planning, coordination, and implementation of program registration, program workshops, and special events.
- Maintain accurate program documentation for Beacons and Compass & Youth Service.Net (participant files, data entry, AS400, DOE/UPK/PETS).
- Support the Youth & Family Department in the creation and submission of weekly and quarterly reports.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information; help to compile program statistics.
- Work with Beacon Outreach Coordinators to promote Programs.
- Be the Community Liaison for Health Fair and Community Events.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings including other CBOs, schools, and community partnerships.
- Work cooperatively with professional staff, teachers, and other program and school staff.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all participants.
- Work with the Directors to secure and maintain all equipment or supplies needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Become a Y trainer to provide staff development to all Y&F staff.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in youth programs.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Access, Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Youth & Family Program Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:Flushing YMCA
Attn.: Frankie Carlucci
138-46 Northern Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities