Theater Service Associate
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Theater Service Associate who under the direction of the Community Arts Director/Senior Program Director and is a multi-purpose position dealing with many aspects of the Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater (MSDLT) – serving in roles including, but not limited to: Front of House, Box Office, Usher, Hospitality, Production Crew.
- Box-Office duties including but not limited to the following:
- Gain competency in all functions related to ticket sales, distribution, and reporting in Theater's online ticketing system.
- Conduct point of service sales for walk-up patrons on performance days.
- Manage sales reports and attendance logs per established protocols.
- Front of House duties including but not limited to the following:
- Direct the opening of Theater spaces prior to performance calls.
- Provide assistance to Renter's or internal Front of House staff and volunteers on performance days.
- Prepare the theater for public attendance.
- Work with MSDLT Technical Staff and Company Production Stage Managers to coordinate show/house opening and seating.
- Ensure the safety of patrons and staff through proper implementation of and enforcement of emergency procedures and YMCA guidelines and policies.
- When required, completing an incident report and submitting it to the WSY Manager on Duty.
- Hospitality/Usher duties including but not limited to the following:
- As MSDLT and YMCA representative, warmly greet, guide, collect tickets and assist patrons.
- Distribute programs and marketing materials as assigned
- Provide support and specific information about the performance, venue, etc. to all patrons in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor and regulate food and beverages, cell phone and camera usage within the theater and additional theater related spaces.
- Ensure signage and all necessary preparation are correct and promptly ready for performances, events, and related activities.
- Assist with set-up and break down of tables, chairs and furnishings in conjunction with audience hospitality, and related events in the theater, hallway, MAP Room, and any additional related spaces.
- Production Crew duties including, but not limited to:
- Assisting Technical Staff and working as a member of the theater team for special projects, load-in, load out, set building, general maintenance, and providing general support.
- Other duties as needed for either role.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience of online ticketing and sales preferred but not required.
- Customer service experience.
- Proficiency in foreign languages preferred but not required.
- On Call position.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to apply?
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities