Teen & Sports Coordinator
SALARY: $16.00 - $17.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flatbush YMCA is seeking a Teen & Sports Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Membership & Healthy Lifestyles Director and Executive Director, will assist in the management and supervision to all core programming (Leaders Club, Teens Take the City and Teen Center) and be responsible for organizing and overseeing our sports programming. Responsibilities include assisting the Membership & Lifestyles Director and Executive Director in program development, community development as well as the creation of recruitment and retention for Teen and Sports programs.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of youth and teens in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Manage administrative data entry, Youth Service.NET, coordination of participant paperwork and management of teen participant portfolios.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement program registration, program workshops, and special events with support from part-time teen counselors.
- Plan, promote, implement, supervise, and coordinating sports programs, including performing Coach or Official duties as needed.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information; help to compile program statistics.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings including other CBOs, schools, and partnerships.
- Attends monthly trainings and workshops related to Teen and Sports programming.
- Implement the curriculum for Leaders Club, Teens Take the City and Teen Center, in accordance with the YMCA Teen Program standards and operation manual, including but not limited to, weekly club meetings, 15+ program participants and community service projects.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent; College credits in the field of Education desired.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth / teens and planning activities.
- Experience teaching and facilitating trainings on issues related to teens.
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certifications preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Teen & Sports Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:Flatbush YMCA
Attn: Jamel Davis
1401 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities