SALARY: $15.61 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flatbush YMCA is seeking qualified individuals who, under the supervision of the Executive Director, will assist in all aspects of core programming for the teen population at the Branch. Responsibilities include assisting the Teen & Sports Coordinator with program development, administrative tasks, community development, recruitment and retention, as well as other duties pertaining to teen programs.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Create a broad range of services, programs and opportunities to meet the needs of all teen program participants.
- Assist in administrative data entry, coordinate participant paperwork and manage participant portfolios.
- Plan, coordinate and implement program registration, workshops and special events.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Create an environment that is diverse, culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of adolescents.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings, including (Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), schools and partnerships.
- Form collaborative efforts with parents, mentors and volunteers.
- Adhere to all YMCA of Greater New York, Youth & Family, and Teen program standards.
- Actively participate in training sessions, workshops and meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; college credits in the field of education preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth / teens and planning group activities.
- Current First Aid / CPR certifications preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary requirement with subject line “Teen Counselor” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Flatbush YMCA
Attn: Brandon Dingle
1401 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11210
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities