SALARY: $15.00 - $21.45 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Cross Island YMCA is seeking a Teen Coordinator who, under the supervision of the Senior Program Director, will assist in the management and supervision to all core programming (Leaders Club, Teens Take the City, Y Scholars, Youth and Government and Teen Center) for the teens’ population for the Cross Island YMCA branch. The Teen Coordinator will assist the Senior Program Director in the management of staff, program development, and community development as well as the creation of recruitment and retention plan for Teens.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of youth and teens in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Support the Senior Program Director with the creation and submission of weekly and quarterly reports.
- Manage administrative data entry, Youth Service.NET, coordination of participant paperwork and management of teen participant portfolios.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement program registration, program workshops, and special events with support from part-time teen counselors.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information; help to compile program statistics.
- Develop, implement, and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Establish and maintain links with service providers in a range of settings including other CBOs, schools, and partnerships.
- Attends monthly trainings and workshops related to Teen programming.
- Acts as the liaison to YMCA of Greater New York in regard to teen issues.
- Provide support to the Youth & Director regarding staff management and scheduling.
- Implement the curriculum for Leaders Club, Teens Take the City and Teen Center, in accordance with the YMCA Teen Program standards and operation manual, including but not limited to, weekly club meetings, 15+ program participants and community service projects.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent; College credits in the field of Education desired.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with teens / youth and planning activities.
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certifications preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Teen Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:Cross Island YMCA
Attn.: La-Vena Francis
238-10 Hillside Avenue
Bellerose, NY 11426
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities