SALARY: $15.00 - $17.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Teen Advisor who will assist in the management, supervision and facilitation of all core programming for the teen population at the West Side YMCA. The incumbent’s responsibilities include assisting the Teen Coordinator in program development, community development as well as the creation of recruitment and retention plan for Teens.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Support the College Access Career Development Program Director in the creation and submission of weekly and quarterly reports.
- Plan, create and facilitate lesson plans for all programs.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement program registration, program workshops, and special events.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information and help compile program statistics.
- Develop positive relationships with the participants, their friends and family members.
- Instruct and mentor teen participants.
- Manage administrative data entry, Youth Service.NET, coordination of participant paperwork and management of teen participant portfolios.
- Assist in fund development endeavors for the Youth & Family Department.
- Create an environment that is diverse, culturally sensitive and relevant to the needs of teens.
- Acts as the liaison to YMCA of Greater New York in regards to teen issues.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Youth and Community Development and YMCA of Greater New York standards.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College credits preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth and teens.
- Current First Aid / CPR / AED certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage adolescent behavior with respect, maturity, compassion and encouragement.
- General knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Teen Advisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:West Side YMCA
Attn.: Byron Flores
5 West 63rd St.
New York, New York 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities