Summer Camp Activity Specialist - Robotics
SALALRY: $25.00 - $35.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
Summer Camp season is quickly approaching, and the McBurney YMCA is currently accepting applications for Summer Camp Activity Specialist - Robotics. Our camps are seeking the “best of the best” candidates to ensure that our campers have the best summer of their lives.
Y Summer Camp
There is an energy and magic to summer camp that cannot be replicated. Throughout the gyms, classrooms, playgrounds, campgrounds, buses and trains, campers can be heard laughing, singing, playing and learning. Y Camps provide an exciting camp experience in a safe and accepting environment and enhance campers’ self-confidence, self-esteem and leadership skills.
Is this the job for you?
Do you want to work for an organization that continuously strives to make a positive impact in NYC? The Y is in all 5 boroughs. We serve 12,000 campers by providing fun, safe and positive experiences for kids.
Who are we looking to hire?
We are looking for people who enjoy working with youth. People who are creative, have a passion about teaching youth new skills, are enthusiastic and model our four core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility. We are looking for people who can provide a safe and positive environment for school age children, to provide opportunities for learning, interaction, and academic/personal growth.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from being a part of a greater movement and actively playing a role in developing our next generation, the Y offers so much more:
- Build your resume with marketable skills that include teamwork, creativity, communication and leadership.
- Receive 40 hours of training which are great to list on your resume.
- Work for an organization that consistently raises the bar and always looks towards being innovative – did you know the Y invented basketball?
- Have fun – while this is a serious job and safety is our number one priority, we conduct our days with all things fun.
- Take advantage of discount offers to special events throughout New York City, via our “Plum Benefits” program.
- Get a Y membership. Our seasonal staff receive an individual, adult membership for the time of their employment.
A day in the life of a Summer Camp Activity Specialist
The Summer Camp Activity Specialist- Robotics is responsible for planning and executing Robotics activities and providing overall supervision to campers. Specifically, the Summer Camp Activity Specialist will plan and implement meaningful activities and special events that are structured, age-appropriate, fun, exciting, challenging, and values based in the area of Robotics and promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity of all staff and participants, and a positive camp spirit.
Want more information on Camp? – click here.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college credits and formal education in specialty preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience working with youth, specifically in the area of Robotics.
- Formal certification in area of Robotics required.
The summer day camp season begins July 5th and ends on August 27th. You must also attend, and successfully complete, 40 hours of pre-camp training.
How to apply?
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Center in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities