The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking a Staff Accountant who will perform analysis of financial records and reports, prepare financial and statistical reports, provide information to Association staff, and reconcile general ledger accounts. The Staff Accountant will also assist in the preparation of budgets and audits.
- Prepare monthly government billing reports as assigned, reconciling the related government accounts receivables.
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile financial reports and records.
- Prepare schedules and retrieve documents for all government contract, uniform guidance, state, and financial statement audits.
- Assist with the close out process for all contracts as needed.
- Coordinate with managers and staff to research and resolve accounting issues.
- Assist branch staff with budgets and budget modifications.
- Provide technical support to the Business Managers and Program Directors on contract budget management.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of one to two years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Government contract and nonprofit accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Staff Accountant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities