The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The McBurney YMCA is seeking a Spanish Instructor to teach Spanish Class to early childhood and elementary students whose proficiency levels range from beginning literacy to high intermediate. The teacher reports to the Youth & Family Director and is responsible for developing and delivering lesson plans.
- Research and write lesson plans: create and facilitate activities connected to lesson plans that maintain student interests and retention.
- Deliver lessons using effective methodology.
- Administer evaluative tools.
- Track classroom attendance and other student monitoring devices.
- Track deadlines and maintain comprehensive calendar of reports and forms due and fill out all appropriate forms completely and submit in a timely manner.
- Able to cater lesson plans to varying student skill levels.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Sills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required or currently pursuing an undergraduate degree and at least one (1) year of relevant experience,
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience including teaching languages.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and willing to work with other teachers.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities