The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Flushing YMCA is seeking an experienced applicant who, under the supervision of the Senior Director, Youth and Family, will be responsible for ensuring that the Y After School program meets all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations and regulations. The incumbent will plan, organize, and implement a structured program consisting of engaging educational and recreational activities according to age group. In addition, the Site Director will ensure a high level of quality, communication, and collaboration within the Y Afterschool program, serving for 120+ youth.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and supervise staff according to YMCA policies and best practices.
- Plan, organize, and implement a structured program consisting of engaging educational and recreational activities according to age group.
- Manage administrative issues such as data entry (AS400, YS.net, DYCD etc.,) human resources, reports, snack, space, security and all other administrative duties/documentation required or assigned, to attain established goals successfully.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are kept safe and available, to operate a successful program.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through appropriate program enhancements and activities.
- Respond to e-mails and phone messages within one business day.
- Maintain accurate records, pertaining to licensing requirements, staff/child health and safety.
- Evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel, specifically the principal and his/her designee. Create a Parent Advisory and Youth Advisory Group. Attend school planning meeting and PTA meetings. Develop community relations with other community organizations or programs.
- Supervision and planning of summer component/responsibilities and duties as assigned, including securing the DOH license.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with youth in school-age programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of AS400 database a plus.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be available to work day times, weekends and evenings, as needed.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Site Director” to email@example.com to:Flushing YMCA
Attn.: Frankie Carlucci
138-46 Northern Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities