Senior Program Director
SALARY: $65,000 - $85,000
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Senior Program Director who will be responsible for the overall development, administration, strategic planning, supervision and evaluation of Healthy Lifestyles, Aquatics, Membership, Marketing and Communications.
- Recruit, develop, train, evaluate and supervise all staff and volunteers.
- Oversee the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of financial plan and budget for all departments.
- Develop and implement effective communication plan between staff and members.
- Create and execute a strategic plan encompassing all aspects of the promotional mix including advertising, direct marketing, sales promotion, publicity and personal selling.
- Create and maintain a high-quality program & service portfolio that meets the current and future needs of members with the financial and human resources available.
- Manage program sites and ensure that program goals and outcomes are met in compliance with government contracts.
- Create programs, services, and an atmosphere that meets the needs of the many different ethnic groups in the community.
- Ensure all aspects of billing (following up on AR, processing requests for credits & refunds for programs, processing requests for scholarship).
- Assist the Executive Director with the development and monitoring of the operational plan.
- Represent the branch or delegate representation at AO program cabinet meetings.
- Provide leadership to the Annual Campaign.
- Provide staff leadership to the Program & Membership Committee of the Board.
- Develop community partnerships that result in strong program content.
- Meet budget goals and operating net for all departments.
- Understand, promote, model, and communicate the YMCA’s core values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Actively participate in all trainings, designated meetings and special events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MS, Med, or MPH in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful operational and management experience in a high-volume urban setting commensurate experience in a fitness supervisor / management position experience.
- Proven record of successful fiscal management.
- Knowledge of Public Health approach and initiatives a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills with knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to manage self and others in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Senior Program Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:West Side YMCA
Attn.: Kathryn Colglazier
5 West 63rd Street
West Side, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities