Senior Program Director
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking a Senior Program Director. The Senior Program Director will assist the VP Field Operations & Executive Director with Leadership of the day to day operations of the Prospect Park YMCA.
Specific areas of responsibility will include management of a program portfolio including Membership, Healthy Living, Aquatics, Arts & Culture and Youth Sports. Under the supervision of the VP Field Operations & Executive Director, the Senior Program Director will be responsible for the overall development, administration, strategic planning, supervision and evaluation of these departments. This position will implement the Mission and Vision of the YMCA of Greater New York in the areas of staffing, membership and volunteer development.
- Responsible for the financial plan and budget for all departments
- Recruit, develop, train, evaluate and supervise staff and volunteers as well as ensure that staff are properly qualified, and staff expectations are clearly communicated across all departments.
- Develop and implement effective communication plan between staff and members.
- Create and execute a strategic plan encompassing all aspects of the promotional mix including advertising, direct marketing, sales promotion, publicity and personal selling
- Create and maintain a high-quality program & service portfolio that meets the current and future needs of members with the financial and human resources available.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the Program & Membership Committee and provide supervision and set direction in membership, guest rooms, healthy living and aquatics.
- Ensure all aspects of billing, following up on AR, processing requests for credits & refunds for membership and programs, processing requests for scholarship for member services and membership transfers. Provide hospitality agents consistent training in all best practices & new initiatives.
- Create programs, services, and an atmosphere that meets the needs of the many different ethnic groups in the community.
- Assist ED in the administration of the operation and the development and monitoring of the operational plan.
- Represent the branch or delegate representation at AO program cabinet meetings
- Provide leadership to the Annual Campaign.
- Provide staff leadership to the Program & Membership Committee of the Board.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience successfully operating and managing in a high-volume urban setting.
- NYC DOH requirement.
- Proven record of successful fiscal management.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills with knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to manage self and others in a fast-paced environment.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Knowledge of Public Health approach and initiatives.
- Weekdays and weekend availability required, occasional evenings.
How to Apply:
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities