Senior Executive, Special Events and Corporate Sponsorships
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking an experienced professional who will provide leadership for the YMCA’s annual special events and securing corporate sponsorships connected to each of those events. The Senior Executive Director is responsible for developing a strategy to deliver first-rate special events and cultivation experiences resulting in an increase of funds raised and the effective positioning of the YMCA within the philanthropic community.
- Oversee a portfolio of fundraising special events, positioning them for growth and enhances the public image and impact of the Y across New York City with both institutional and individual prospects.
- With the SVP and Chief Development Officer, develop and implement a special events strategy and volunteer leadership prospecting program, to grow the corporate sponsorships portfolio to $4 million in three years.
- Create a new corporate sponsorship program with sponsorship packages that could support multiple events and provide a comprehensive suite of donor recognition opportunities including marketing online via donor newsletters and the Y website and, when appropriate, via social channels.
- Lead all corporate solicitation activities including meeting and corresponding with corporate prospects, creating sponsorship appeal letters and acknowledgements and executing all post-event follow-up.
- Work in partnership with the Vice President of Development and the Senior Director of Development Services and Operations to create comprehensive annual solicitation and stewardship plans for multi-interest corporate donors (grants, events sponsorships, volunteerism, etc)
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Donor Services and Operations, manage the Y’s signature stewardship events, which currently includes the Chair’s RoundTable Reception, Women’s Luncheon and Heritage Society Luncheon.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with key event volunteer leadership positions including event chairs, co-chairs, committee members and honorees for all annual signature events including the Dodge Dinner, Arts and Letters, the Golf Outing and Hispanic Achievers.
- Design and implement a stewardship pathway strategy to move event donors and guests toward becoming advocates and personal donors to the Y.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Development Services and Operations, co-lead the creation of a Next Gen Advisory Board, with members sourced from current corporate partners and tasked with raising funds through the Y’s signature events.
- Create annual fiscal budgets and specific timeline expectations for each event.
- Work to improve processes, reduce/contain expenses, and create written protocols and timelines for all events.
- Effectively manage and negotiate with all event vendor relationships including venues, printers, audio visual companies, entertainment, etc. to enhance an event’s overall net.
- Manage the execution of all event related collateral publications and communication including print and digital.
- Be available as a resource to Branch Executive Directors or their assigned designated fund development staff to ensure all special fund-raising events meet the highest standards and their revenue objectives.
- Be actively engaged with the entire YMCA’s Fund Development team, to support all aspects of philanthropy.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 5 years of development experience with an emphasis on special event management.
- Experience working with events committees and advisory boards and leading volunteer management activities.
- Proven track record in building, shaping and working within a sophisticated development structure.
- Demonstrated success in asking for and closing event sponsorships and maintaining long-term relationships with special event donors.
- Familiarity with New York City marketplace; ability to identify high potential event donors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with MS Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of prospects and building and maintaining relationships with institutional prospects and donors.
- Ability to understand and articulate institutional accomplishments and goals.
- Proven project management and time management skills with the ability to anticipate and manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Proven track record in developing creative event experiences.
- Strong budgeting acumen for preparation of events budgets.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities