Senior Executive – Enterprise Risk Management
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an experienced Senior Executive - Enterprise Risk Management that will serve as subject matter expert for the organization on all matters related to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). This position will be responsible for protecting the assets and corporate integrity of the Association through sound practices of enterprise risk management, loss control and prevention. In conjunction with other officers, Executive Directors and department heads, will initiate, enforce and measure the procedures by which the Association’s business shall be conducted with maximum safety and economy.
- Direct the Association’s safety and insurance program.
- Review methods of data collection, processing and applications as they relate to the collection and analysis of ERM information.
- Supervise and guide the ERM department personnel in the fulfillment of their positions.
- Monitor all departmental activities to ensure proper control of the Association’s assets and income. Assure the safety of all.
- Advise, train and guide branch management and other branch staff in the administration of established safety programs and procedures.
- Assist Operation’s staff in the development, maintenance and testing of the Association’s contingency plan.
- Oversee all insurance-type claims against the Association including property, liability, member accident, D & O and vehicle.
- Mitigate the effects of accidental losses on Association finances caused by claim expenses and settlement.
- Develop, perform and oversee analyses as it relates to ERM in topics such as incident reports, claims, inspections, findings and the like.
- Assist in the preparation of the Audit & Compliance Committee book and related materials. Participate in the Committee meetings.
- Accurately report on all the activity of the ERM Department to the Committee as it works to govern the YMCA of Greater New York total ERM system.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years Risk Management experience in related business of similar size.
- Knowledge of risk management and safety techniques programs, loss control practices, and legal file case management.
- Knowledge of Financial software and security systems, a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle CRM system.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, with emphasis in Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings.
- Must be willing to travel to YMCA of Greater New York branches, as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or initiatives simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Senior Executive – Enterprise Risk Management” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities