SALARY: $16.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is looking for a Security Guard who, under the supervision of the Senior Property Manager, will be responsible for the security and safety of all participants in and around the Westside YMCA and delivering quality customer service to the program members.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of participants and staff by providing close supervision of facilities; control access into the facility and exit ways.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of youth in the program by providing close supervision of participants in hallways.
- Adhere to and enforce the security policies at all times. Patrol facility for the purpose of detecting all infractions of house rules and, if needed, reporting to the proper authorities.
- Maintain fire/safety log books in accordance with the facility requirements (security logs include daily sign in and sign out sheets for all participants and visitors). Inspect all bags, packages, etc, leaving premises as described in YMCA policies.
- Participate as an active member of the fire brigade.
- Effectively communicate program information to participants and visitors.
- Perform investigations and thoroughly document. Appropriately report and document all incidents/accidents immediately.
- Ensure the check-in area is always neat, organized, and free of hazards.
- Assist with general housekeeping tasks when necessary.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Youth & Community Development, NYCHA and YMCA of Greater New York standards.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of security experience.
- Working knowledge of security and safety procedures.
- NYS Certified Security Guard License preferred.
- Sprinkler certification preferred.
- Current CPR / AED certifications preferred.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Fire Safety Director (Full-Time)” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:West Side YMCA
Attn: Slawomir Bazylczyk
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities