Security Guard I
SALARY: $17.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking qualified individual who will be responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for all occupants, by ensuring that the premises are maintained, with all laws, regulations, codes and standards pertaining to security and safety are met.
- Conduct fire drills, report emergency conditions, coordinate emergency response, and follow the Emergency Evacuation Plan.
- Compile all life safety log books and comply with life safety standards.
- Review, annually, the Emergency Evacuation Plan to confirm that it is current.
- Coordinate with building/department administrators responsible for employee/visitor safety.
- Assign evacuation wardens and alternates for all areas of the building, and ensure that they know their duties, in case of an evacuation.
- Ensure classroom instructors inform students about emergency procedures, exit routes, and assembly points.
- Ensure emergency services are notified, in case of an emergency.
- Report to the fire command center, and act as liaison with responding emergency services during an emergency.
- Set expectations with security team members for the timely and accurate completion of investigative reports.
- Act as primary point of contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees or customers.
- Check security of building.
- Inspect all mechanical areas and report unusual findings.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of security experience; one (1) year of maintenance experience.
- NYS Certified Security Guard License.
- Knowledge of fire command station and components, recording a fire log book and operating a fire extinguisher.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Security Guard” to email@example.com or to:
Prospect Park YMCA
Attn: Shakila Monk
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities