Salesforce Reporting and Data Analyst
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
At the Y, we are driving innovation through Data Analytics using Salesforce to serve more New Yorkers—and we want to put you behind the wheel. The Salesforce Reporting & Data Analyst will support the Research, Evaluation & Strategy department, and the whole organization, with their use of Salesforce and data analytics. This role is intended for someone with experience building reports and dashboards and deduping and uploading lists within the Salesforce platform, as well as creating insightful analytics to drive impact. The data analyst will be responsible for transforming data into actionable information, developing metrics, reports and supporting documentation as well as providing meaningful interpretation of information, all in support of the work of the Y to empower youth, improve health and strengthen community. The Salesforce Reporting & Data Analyst will have the chance to expand their portfolio to include supporting the Senior Executive in troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions, and monitoring database and software performance, as necessary.
- Create, maintain, and support interactive dashboards and visualizations leveraging Tableau and Salesforce.
- Help to standardize reporting, Salesforce report folders and reporting permissions across the business.
- Work with data vendors on key enrichment and functions related to our Tableau and Heroku platforms.
- Work with teams across the organization, to ensure their needs for reporting and dashboards are met.
- Support deduping, parsing and uploading lists from key stakeholders and vendors (Accounts, Leads, etc.)
- Data analysis and handling. Initial and ongoing maintenance of data review, cleanup, and organization required.
- Produce trend and operational reports for senior management and department leaders and teams, tracking individual measure and operations performance.
- Analyze external databases and sources (ex. Census) to identify measures for cultural /socio-economic trends.
- Support the Sr. Executive in troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions, and monitoring database and software performance.
- Work collaboratively with Sr. Executive and SVP.
- Actively participate in and support trainings, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in or relevant technical school diploma.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in data analysis.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Salesforce; Experience with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and/or Marketing Cloud preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of SFDC object and data architecture.
- Proficient in Microsoft BI, Tableau, and/or statistical services (i.e. SPSS).
- Excellent MS office skills, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with Salesforce data management tools, such as Data Loader and/or Workbench a plus.
- Experience with data warehouse, analytical tools & coding a plus.
- Techno-functional analyst who can translate data analytics into insights for data novices and experts, alike.
- Self-driven and can work independently while also collaborating with a small, but mighty team.
- Desire to unite understanding of programs with analytical insights.
- Eager to learn, loves a challenge and has an inquisitive nature fueled by a desire to help the organization make a greater impact.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities