Salesforce Administrative & Support Specialist
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is looking for a Salesforce Administrative & Support Specialist who will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and improvement of the Salesforce platform, including Nonprofit Success Pack, Sales, Marketing, and Community Clouds, in addition to Financial Force and integrations to Heroku, Oracle, and our external Drupal website. The incumbent will support users with issue resolution/escalation, and this may involve liaising between users, internal IT groups, Salesforce Steering Committee, and external vendors to facilitate communication among all parties throughout the issue resolution and system management process. The Salesforce Administrative & Support Specialist will identify and coordinate application optimizations, and release environment management.
- Serve as the primary system administrator of the enterprise-wide Salesforce platform including all basic administrative functions (ex. user account maintenance, security management, workflows, and other routine tasks)
- Troubleshoot and resolve all Salesforce-related issues. Partner with users, the Helpdesk, Salesforce Steering Committee, other IT groups, and external vendors to facilitate communication (among the parties) and issue resolution.
- Partner with all stakeholders and take the lead in performing all activities involved in release and environment management.
- Gather, distill, and document business requirements. Develop business process maps, if needed.
- Develop and maintain easy to understand instructions and how-to guides for users and the Helpdesk.
- Continuously monitor data quality/integrity and take the lead in data cleanup/restoration, if necessary.
- Manage data backups, data feeds and integration with other systems.
- Pro-actively identify latest versions of Salesforce tools and third-party integrations. Work with IT Operations to create PC images.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, including traveling to branches, if necessary.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Salesforce Admin Certified (ADM 201) required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience administering Salesforce CRM.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience supporting enterprise business applications, particularly Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP).
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and/or Salesforce Certified Nonprofit Cloud Consultant a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Familiarity with Databases
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities