RSC Guest Room Agent
SALARY: $15.30 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is looking for a Guest Room Agent to assist the Y’s regional Reservation Sales Center (RSC) by booking new guest reservations, inputting confirmed reservations from different sales channels into the Y’s property management system, handling billing for third-party reservations, facilitating group sales, and helping to administer the YMCA’s property management system and related technologies.
- Review and enter daily reservations from various sources into the PMS system.
- Pay close attention to ensure correct details like room type, arrival/departure dates and rates.
- Confirm reservations to operators and on-line travel agents as required.
- Provide assistance and support to the Guest Rooms departments in each branch.
- Assist with group sales for all guest room branches.
- Work with the Residence Director in each branch to manage room inventory and ensure ledgers are balanced
- Review forecast and aging reports on a daily basis.
- Communicate and interact with guests, potential guests and travel agents to complete in-progress bookings and secure new business.
- Keep guest room documents in order, secure and in compliance with Audit requirements
- Act as RSC point person when the RSC Director is unavailable. Act as West Side Guest Rooms point person when the RSC Director, the West Side Residence Director, and all branch guest room agents are unavailable.
- Assist with administering the YMCA’s property management system (Infor HMS)
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some College preferred
- Minimum of 3 years data entry, office work experience.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with sales, reservations, and/or hotel property management systems is a huge plus.
- Must be available to work afternoons and weekends.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “RSC Guest Room Agent” to email@example.com or to:
West Side YMCA
Attn.: Frank Kendall
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered for this position, please attach your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, along with your resume.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities