Residential Case Manager (Full-Time)
SALARY: $20.00 - $25.00 P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Harlem YMCA is seeking an emotionally intelligent full-time Residential Case Manager to act as an advocate to help foster our residential clients’ capacities and coping mechanisms in order to improve and better their daily lives and experiences in temporary housing.
- Conduct intake and assessments of Human Resource Administration (HRA) clients and develop individual service plans to ensure success and implementation of case management.
- Develop a rapport that lends itself to an open dialogue on the resident’s barriers and complications that would delay or preclude the client’s goals.
- Serve as the direct liaison between HRA case managers and onsite branch team and residents.
- Provide case management and refer to outside resources and agencies as needed
- Act as client’s advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations, refer clients, to community resources or to specialists as necessary; and coordinate referrals to indicated services outside the YMCA. (e.g., social services, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment, court involvement).
- Help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; court involvement, housing, immigration, family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with mental and emotional health.
- Prepare and maintain all required records and reports and develop treatment plan and data, in accordance with funders and YMCA expectations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Licensed, Masters of Social Work (LMSW) required. SIFI Certified a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working adults in transition and doing case management.
- Must obtain First Aid certification, and complete YMCA Mandatory Reporting Training within 4 months of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application, and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Center in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities