The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Jamaica YMCA is seeking a Residence Director. The Residence Director provides direction and leadership to the Residence Department and to all Guest Room operations and contributes to residents’ satisfaction by providing quality consumer services. The Residence Director is responsible for Residence and Food Service staff hiring, training, supervision, evaluation, and budget preparation and control. The Residence Director carries out the Mission and the Vision of the YMCA and adheres to Y values when dealing with staff and customers.
- Develops and controls assigned budgets in accordance with Branch and Association Guidelines; ensures system receivables are accurately stated and timely collected.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates all Residence and Food Service staff.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to develop promotion and marketing strategies within the community and within the hospitality industry.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with referral agencies that provide resident referrals.
- Adheres to Association Quality Guest Room Standards and Guidelines, consults with the Building Properties Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Performs related duties as assigned, e.g.:
- Serves on the Branch Strategic Planning & Operations team.
- Serves on the Association’s Residence PLT (Program leadership Team).
- Attends training events/conferences related to the hospitality industry.
- Attends training events related to the needs of the population we serve (homelessness, AIDS, mental Health Problems, Drug Abuse).
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associate Degree in a related field: Hospitality, Business Management OR 5+ year experience in Residence operations which includes budget responsibility and staff supervision.
- Minimum of two (2+) years’ experience in Guest/Residence Rooms operations supervising Case Mangers, Billing Clerk and Front Desk Staff, and managing a budget
- Knowledge of services available in local community and citywide.
- Knowledge of: Hospitality, supervisory concepts and techniques, customer service principles and practices; contract compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge on MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Budget processes preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities