The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The North Brooklyn YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will be responsible for the coordination and management of all facility operations. The incumbent provides leadership to the overall operation of the mechanical, housekeeping and life safety systems of the North Brooklyn YMCA, including preventative and routine maintenance, fire safety, security and pool operating systems. Ensures that the building has the required operating certifications and required recordkeeping as required by codes.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluations performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensures that all mechanical infrastructure systems, electric, ventilation, HVAC and pool operation as well maintained.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May be requested to review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Works with outside agencies such as Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Department of Health (DOH), Department of Buildings (DOB), and Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) departments, to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
- Develops budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
- Develop an annual plan of capital projects consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs, capital improvements, and deferred maintenance projects.
- Updates facility plan periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs, capital improvements and deferred maintenance projects.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Maintain positive relationships with members, staff and vendors. Show members, colleagues and outside vendors respect by listening carefully and showing empathy when dealing with a difficult situation.
- Oversee and manage branch maintenance budget including the procurement of housekeeping and maintenance supplies.
- Serve as Manager on Duty as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree Facility Management or a related field preferred.
- Fire Safety Director Certification required.
- Minimum of five years of experience supervising building operations and maintenance staff.
- Knowledge of building operation and fire safety codes and regulation; budget management, volunteer development, building security, HPD codes and regulations strongly desired.
- Proven background in Electrical (NYC Codes), Plumbing (NYC Codes), Fire Protection System (NYC Codes), Building Construction and Management, Energy Conservation, Burner and Boiler.
- Must obtain YMCA Pool certification within the first 180 days of employment where applicable.
- All Fire Department of New York and YMCA required certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available to respond to emergency calls during off-hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Solid computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to effectively manage self and others in a fast paced environment.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Property Manager” to email@example.com or to:Coney Island YMCA
Attn.: Samuel Moore
2980 West 29th street
Brooklyn, NY 11224
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities