The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We will be opening a new state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot YMCA at 430 Westchester Avenue in the South Bronx and are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as the Property Director of the La Central YMCA.
The Property Director will provide leadership to the overall operation of the mechanical, housekeeping and life/safety systems of the YMCA, including preventative and routine maintenance, fire safety, security and pool operating systems. In addition, this role will ensure that the building has the required operating certifications and recordkeeping, as required by codes. The incumbent must possess knowledge of HVAC, steam, boiler, electrical and mechanical systems and experience supervising a 24/7 building staff.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and supervise staff. Review and evaluate performances, and develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensure that all mechanical infrastructure systems, electric, ventilation, HVAC and pool operation as well maintained.
- Oversee all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May be request to review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Work with outside agencies such as Fire Department of New York (FDNY), Department of Health (DOH), Department of Buildings (DOB) and Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds. Maintain all required logs and record books.
- Develop budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans, and monitor expenditures against budget.
- Update facility plan periodically. Develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA of Greater New York’s strategic plan and community needs, capital improvements and deferred maintenance projects.
- Advise management on maintenance issues and projects as requested. Work with branch and Association Office staff and teams to provide the most efficient systems of all building and mechanical operations.
- Maintain building certifications as required by the YMCA and regulatory agencies (pool operator, sprinkler system, standpipe system, etc.).
- Maintain positive relationships with members, staff and vendors.
- Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Facility Management or related field preferred.
- Five years of experience in building operation and supervision of maintenance staff.
- Fire Safety Director Certification required.
- Sprinkler, standpipe, fire drill conductor and hazmat certifications are strongly desired.
- NYC Pool Operator license desired. In addition, must obtain YMCA Pool certification within the first 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge of building operation, fire safety codes and regulations – Electrical (NYC), Plumbing (NYC), Fire Protection System (NYC), Building Construction and Management, Energy Conservation, and Burner & Boiler, Project Management, Bidding, project proposals and preventative maintenance programs.
- Knowledge of project management, bidding, project proposals and preventative maintenance programs required.
- Must be able to effectively manage self and others in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills with knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Property Director – La Central” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources – 6th Floor
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities